Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just Laugh

Another week has gone by and I'm amazed at how time is flying. The end of the year performance will be here before we know it. Our instructors have been very ambitious and most of the year-end music has already been picked out and has been echoing around the studio. I can not wait to see what the performance unfolds to be. The students are very eager to begin their new dances as well.

This past week has been a week full of very funny moments. Last Monday little 5-year-old Lauren educated Ms. Sadie and me on the difference between nylons and dance tights. 'Nylons can not be worn to dance class cause dance tights are very strong. Nylons are what old ladies wear and are very delicate.' We got quite the laugh out of Lauren's description. Never will we forget the difference again!


Ms. Magee and I also had a very entertaining baton class. We have discovered if all else fails draw a very complex picture depicting what the students should be doing in hopes they will understand! Just kidding...we did go over the move but I was very proud of Ms. Magee's very detailed picture of a 'flash'. If she doesn't make it as a dancer she can always become an artist!


I also had a surprise waiting for me Monday when I arrive at the Independence studio. A small portion of the hung ceiling had fallen down and was hanging very low over the mirrors. One of the lights did crash down before the end of the ordeal but it was a fairly quick fix once the maintenance guy arrived. All has returned to it's proper place now!

I would also like to congratulate Ms. Abi on being selected to take part in this year's "Dancing with the Cedar Valley Stars" so if there are any dad's out there interested in taking part you might get Ms. Abi as a partner.

I'm leaving this blog entry with a quote that took place tonight in class from one of our five year olds "We can't do grande plies cause it makes my butt stick out." Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Magee's picture was very informatiove but I think I learned it better when she just showed me.
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete